Abriachan Forest, situated in the hills above Loch Ness, will play host to a storytelling event each month of 2022, delivered by a mix of local storytellers, musicians, natural historians, geologists, astronomers and a fire dancer! Some events will take place round a cosy campfire, while others will see participants on the move, exploring the forest’s path network. From star-gazing in this Dark Skies Discovery site to churning butter on the way up to the shieling, all events will have audience participation and stories firmly at their heart.
- Haggis Handwarmers Round the Fire, 29/01/2022
- Enlightening Tales of Dark Matter, Professor Martin Hendry, 25/02/2022 – Book Here
- Reach for the Moon, Professor Catherine Heymans, Astronomer Royal for Scotland, 13/03/2022
- Search for the Still – Gaelic tree stories trail searching for an illicit still, 01/05/2022
- Midsummer at the Shieling – songs and stories with Fiona, 21/06/2022
- Tales of the Peat Bank – ethnobotanical tales and crafts, 19/07/2022
- Things on the Wing – Highland wildlife tales and crafts, 15/08/2022,
- Follow the funeral – and a ciste of Gaelic place names, 20/09/2022
- Bats in our buildings – bat-related facts, tales and crafts plus astronomy, 29/10/2022
- Star navigation – Lanterns and Stories in the yurt, 26/11/2022
- Sun Standstill and Fire Dancer, 21/12/2022
Please note event details may change, please find up-to-date information on Abriachan Community’s Facebook page or Instagram.